Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NAIAS '09:Last of a dying breed

Anyone that knows me knows that I would sell my step daughter for an SLR McLaren (hmmmm, maybe that’s how I’ll stick it to Frenchie). Mercedes is making the last of them this year, with the last one to leave the lot in ’10. Sad, pure sadness. And Mercedes decided to finish off with an ultra rare (75 being built, only being sold to current SLR owners that don’t live in the U.S.) SLR McLaren Stirling Moss Edition. There is some heritage behind this one of course, the namesake “legendary British racer Stirling Moss, who in 1955 set a speed record by driving an equally legendary Mercedes 300 SLR to victory in the Italian Mille Miglia, a thousand-mile cross-country race so grueling and dangerous that it was banned after a fatal crash in 1957 that killed two participants and 11 spectators.” (MSN autos). Ah fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Fuck. Keep the SM edition; will someone PLEASE get me the regular version of the SLR? But this one is a beauty too, no doubt, I just don’t wanna get attached.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment