Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration 2009: CNN/Facebook collabo

Lots of people complained about the CNN/Facebook internet feed. I didn’t have any issues with it once I installed some advanced Flash player it prompted. But it was quite fun watchin people update their statuses. One of the funniest was one person claimed to be bargaining with the internet gods, lol. My thing was, why did you wait so long to find out you couldn’t connect? I had the feed going an hour before the actual inauguration just in case somethin wasn’t actin right. Aretha was singin and people were still just updating their flash player smh. Tammy G had a status message that said she “is sick of hearing My President is black... do you not read he's mixed 1/2 black 1/2 white My president is a MAN.” While I applaud her efforts to see beyond color, the fact of the matter is mixed people are seen as only the minority portion. Regardless of who raised them and where they were raised, unless they come off like an Oreo, everyone will see them as minority. That’s the (sad) truth but the truth. Now Obama knows he’s black and accepts it. My President plays basketball not bowling. My President married a strong black woman, not a trust fund baby. My President has swagger not coolness. My President is Black. Charles H. E. “just heard Tupac is about to perform LIVE!” wow, people are just hilarious! Ed W. can't wait to vote him out. Some people’s status messages put Obama on a pedestal close to God…which I hope is just the hormones kickin in and people feelin ecstatic. You already saw how nervous the man is, the last thing he needs is people callin him America’s Savior. Another thing someone pointed out was the lack of emails, calls, or text messages being sent out. I guess the phone systems were dead or everyone was glued to the tube. I appreciated not gettin 100 text messages sayin “Yes We Can” or “My President is Black”. So did anyone do work yesterday? I mean, I work from home so I was able to do a little bit of both. Hell, I think I worked harder yesterday than I usually do. But a lot of status messages had the tune of “today won’t be a productive day.” Makes you wonder, maybe they shoulda just came in late.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment