Thursday, January 29, 2009

I don't wanna be Army tough

Dear Former Administration,
You have fucked over the country in ways I don’t even think you had envisioned. I mean, you knew that there were gonna be some losses, but you couldn’t have seen the Army reporting 128 suicides last year, a new record. It’s sad to think that these guys died for their country, one way or the other, under false pretenses. And I usually don’t feel for suicide victims, but I understand that these guys are under some stress that I pray I don’t ever deal with. Friends dying, killing children, feelin hopeless, missing the family…it sounds like an endless heartache for them. THEN, here’s the kicker, then they come home thinkin they all done and have put in their time…when BAM, they get another tour. Niggas don’t even be home for a year and they get sent back out to all that stress. Goodness.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment