Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to the drawing board

The Bailout Bill (or BOB, see I got one right!) failed again. I’m not an economist or financial planner. But why can’t they give the money back to the people? That way we can invest back into the market. Possibly pay off any debts that we have, stimulate the economy a little bit. I’m talkin with a bit of selfishness right now, cuz I already know what a stimulus check will do…delay the collapse of our economy. So instead, why not use it to pay off debts owed to the banks and institutions? I mean, isn’t that basically what we are proposing to do now minus the erasing of the consumers debt? I’m glad the bill is gettin shot down, cuz I think it’s entirely lame that they plan on bailing out the banks but we still have to pay the banks too. So now they are gonna get paid twice; once directly from me, the second indirectly from me (through my taxes)? What the fuck man. I seriously can’t understand how this government operates. Which is the reason they are there and I’m here, because I don’t know how to run a country. But I mean, can someone at least tell me why my idea won’t work?

Update: My roommate came home and we had a small discussion about this and I guess it comes down to the reason we HAVE to bail out these banks and companies is because if we don't and they decide "well, I'm not gonna work for anything less, so fuck it, I'll retire instead", the country is truly gonna be fucked. We need these guys to work because this is where all the money is held up and if they go broke and quit, the economy will really suffer. Is there any counter point to this?
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment