Friday, November 14, 2008

Do I hear H2 hybrid?

I own securities in GM, so imagine how my stomach tumbled with its value. Most people would panic and dump the shares immediately, but I stuck with it because I said to myself “There’s no way GM is gonna go under, SOMEONE is gonna save them.” My rational was that GM is fuckin GM. Like when you think American car companies, first one that comes to mind is either GM or Ford. So I figured it was impossible to let an icon just diminish (with no new contender to replace it). If GM goes under, who do we get our cars from? Well this isn’t a problem for me since I don’t buy American made. But what about the hillbillies? They aren’t gonna put their shotgun in the back of a Tundra (even if it’s a better made truck). I figured if our government didn’t bail them out, some foreign automaker would buy them out but keep the brand name so that the Americans didn’t panic (like the Budweiser deal). Then I read about the tremendous impact the shutting down of GM would have. For one the companies that supplied their parts would start hurting. So would the other industries linked with car manufacturing. It’s really scary when you think about it. So will GM go under? I still say most likely not, considering what’s at stake. But how much it will cost to keep them afloat isn’t a pretty number either. It’s going to cost GM $12 billion just to SHUT DOWN 3 plants. How it cost you money to close? Lol. You think your life is rough, imagine how the directors are sweating bullets over there. I mean, even though financially they cool, I don’t think I live with the fact that I took one of the Big Three under. There’s a special place in Hell for people like that (I think you are forced to design a fresh new car but the only thing you draw are Aztecs lol).
allvoices

1 comment: