Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Oh you're kiddin me, that was a good one. You're first good one..."

So yesterday I called the Kanye album not worth purchasing. Today, I plan on buyin the album (for me ‘today’ means sometime within the next month). What caused this change of tune? Well because I’m supporting an idea not the album. I want this album to do well (record sales) because I want people to get creative now. I don’t want the same cookie cutter rap albums anymore. I want someone to take it to a new level of creativity. While I was in the shower thinkin (second most idea generating place in my apt, the first bein the toilet), I want someone to make a rap album that is one big story. When’s the last time we’ve had one of those? I don’t want a bunch of songs thrown together for the sake of makin an album or a barely there concept. I want one story, broken down into 12-14 tracks. Like Trapped In The Closet, but more edgier less comical. And it won’t even have to limit the artist, if they are creative enough. Like they could have a party track but that club banger has to be relevant to the story. So the chick he popped champagne on is the same chick he rapped about 2-3 tracks ago. You feel me? I want it flow and connect so well that someone could listen to the album and write a screenplay from it. Let’s take it to that level. If that happens, then purchasing the Kanye album will be well worth it.
allvoices

3 comments:

  1. How you gonna get a single outta of that album? If you go that route, it means I'd have to turn shuffle off on my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment buy: That nigga Russ

    Mannn...I almost stopped readin after you called his album creative. This autotuner thing is played out. He shoulda came out with this last year IMO. Albums bein one long story is an okay idea but not if everyone starts doing it. Now Luda's album is original...GO COP THAT THEATER OF THE MIND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want an album thats is an entire story go download or purchase "Death of Adam" its by 88 Keys and I believe your boy Kanye executive produced it. It just hit the net a couple weeks ago. Don't agree that Kanye's album is creative especially cus of the autotune, I believe its an experiment thats gone bad but it is better than the cookie cutter shit. HOlla

    ReplyDelete