Monday, November 24, 2008

I wish the 808s would break

Got the new Kanye this past weekend and have given it an honest listen. Is not a terrible album. It’s far from bein a great album. It’s a different album with a different mood attached. If you’re into that emo, I’m always depressed type shit then this could be up your alley. Not sayin that ‘Ye sounds suicidal or anythin, just he isn’t bein a man about his breakup. Just suck it up and move on. I think if he just released all the songs as singles, I woulda liked it more, rather than havin an album. I really like Amazing and Street Lights (Heartless and Love Lockdown are alright, so is Say You Will (but does the song really need 1:30 minutes of instrumental? Cut that shit out), Welcome to Heartbreak, RoboCop, and Coldest Winter). And I know someone is gonna say "you like 8 of the 12 tracks, what's wrong with you?" I like salsa music. I like Beethoven. I like Britney Spears. I like a lot of songs, doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and buy an album full of it. The auto tune wasn’t that annoyin as much as his lack of lyrics. This definitely wasn’t the witty Kanye that I’ve grown to respect and defend. It was really lackin overall. I don’t think I will buy this album, but you never know. Our President IS black.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment