Monday, February 23, 2009

Facebook's future

Since the 5 year mark of Facebook, people have been wondering if the social network site is done. The main problem is they don’t have any real revenue coming in to keep them afloat. They have their “ads” which compared to what you see on MySpace is more like a little bubble with information. Facebook doesn’t really make money off their ads, or do they? I don’t see how, they are so small and off to the side that I don’t even notice them all like that. I guess when you have over 125 million users, just 20 million clicking could be enough to keep you going. I kinda felt sad for Facebook and was gonna do my part and start clickin on their ads…then I realized that the creator, Mark Zuckerberg, didn’t sell Facebook to Microsoft (or any other buyer) when he had the chance. A LOT (myself included) of people thought this was a huge mistake. With the short attention span of people, his best bet was to cash out early. But Mark is a smart guy, I mean he did graduate from Harvard and is one of the youngest self made billionaires. He must have some kinda plan right? The real problem lies with the users of Facebook. Mark can’t make any money off of them. He can’t sell their information, he can’t put huge ads in their faces, and he can’t do anything with them short of creating a membership fee…which really would put a damper on business. Maybe create a premium Facebook account…no ads, increased layout control, some of his billions of dollars. Mark is a better man than me handling all this shit; I would cashed my chips in and left you guys in the dust! Maybe that’s why ya’ll don’t click on the ads, you don’t want me to make money and quit…selfish bastards!
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment