Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dating mishaps

Two people that do get it are Barbara Davilman and Liz Dubelman who have authored the book “What Was I Thinking: 58 Bad Boyfriend Stories” which basically speaks for itself. What’s refreshingly different is that it’s not a male bashing book. The authors acknowledge that the main reason why women end up dating men that aren’t compatible with them is because they tend to ignore the warning signs. I love quizzing people on their failed relationships and I can say that is the GLARING misstep that a lot of people make. When I ask “did you notice the warning signs and choose to ignore them?” more than often the answer is “yes.” Why do people do that? Why do people settle? It’s such an annoyin human characteristic. Don’t get me wrong, there are some times when you should bite the bullet and take what you can get but only when the situation is temporary. I want to drive an SLR McLaren, but I can’t do that right now due to financial reasons, so I would take a Nissan GT-R…which still is out of my monetary reach…so I’d prolly come down to a Nissan Maxima or a 3-Series coupe. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I come down to a Kia or Hyundai (pre-2008) when I could sit in a Honda for the same price (and even then my circumstances better be dire…like my current vehicle is destroyed by a meteor and I need to drive to the hospital for surgery tomorrow…I prolly still take a cab or somethin). Either way, I’ll pull a Clooney before I marry someone just to be married and have kids. And just to be clear, I don't need someone to be perfect. I'm not lookin for all the right things in a person, I'm just avoiding all the wrong things.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment