Monday, December 29, 2008

A woman tryin to be logical...

Read this silly article on why men should say “I Love You” first. The lady (of course) thought it would be better for men to say it first because “Unlike asking a man out, making a move on him, or even proposing, there's no action-based response to the first "I love you." It's all words, it's all emotion.” Poor poor poor argument. Then she goes on to say that women should start askin men out and proposing. Which that bit right there is MIND BOTTLING because from the ants to the whales, 97% of courtship starts on the male side. Males make the initial move all the time, so why would she think we can be rewired differently? My reasoning is a bit over simplified but the reasons a woman should say it first is because it's more meaningful coming from them. Think about it. How many times has a sleaze ball guy said "I Love You" to a girl just to get what he wanted? Or even genuine guys say it just to break your heart a couple months down the road (he thought he loved you but things changed from when he said it). Girls have been hearing guys say "I Love You" since high school (the pretty ones at least, guys know the ugly ones are down all the time) and they could have all types of emotional attachments to that sentence (good or bad). There is also the fact that "I Love You" is an emotional sentence. Men are more in tune with the logical than emotional (remember the genuine guy?). A guy saying it doesn't always mean it, but rather it makes sense to say it. "Well we been together for x months/years and she does x,y,z for me. And I do x,y,z for her. I guess I love her." Of course this isn’t all men in all situations, but it’s almost like the laws of physics, they hold true MOST of the time.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment