Friday, October 17, 2008

The Good

I didn’t see the debates and after hearing about it, don’t plan on watchin it. Obama won according to most (big surprise), but McCain actually showed some fire and desire to win this election. Heard he was really playin offense, instead of just being offensive. One thing that has caught the media’s attention was the mentioning of a Joe the Plumber. A guy that is in line to make $250K a year and is worried about having to pay more taxes. I found a CNN article about it and when I find these articles I usually just jump to the comments because I love to hear other people’s views on things. One commentator said that he is an accountant and prepares taxes for people. Now I don’t know how true or not this is but the way businesses work it makes sense, but they wrote “that a business owner doesn't pay tax on his gross income, only on his net profit. If Joe the Plumber owned a business that makes $250K a year, he could deduct the costs of labor (he had to hire a couple of plumbers), equipment, materials, supplies, office rent, utilities, auto expenses, insurance, licenses, travel and entertainment and a whole lot of other business expenses. After all the business deductions, he might end up paying less income tax than most people who got paid a straight wage or salary of $250K.” Now, the handle the person choose was LA Accountant so it’s likely he was a Dem and his view is skewed, but it sounds legit (anyone care to debunk this?). Another comment I liked was “I love that the Republicans choose a guy who doesn't want to pay higher taxes if he makes over $250,000 a year as their every guy. What state of delusion do you have to be living in to think this is somebody that the rest of us can sympathize with? Then I turn on the TV set today and find out average Joe, Joe the Plumber doesn't even make anywhere near the amount of money he doesn't want taxed, is this really the best McCain can do for raising an actual issue? Get some delusional wannabe Rockefeller to waste the country's time during the final Presidential debate with a hypothetical non-issue?” Most plumbers make around $45K. What frustrates me is how people can’t (won’t) comprehend the whole issue with taxes. They suck (the taxes), I know. I look at my check (actually I stopped lookin because it pisses me off) and say, “wow, is the Vaseline Uncle Sam used to rape me with a deductable?” But on the same token, what are we gonna use to raise money for our country? The fuck up that was elected twice has spent soooooooooooo much money, that the only way to make it back is to raise taxes. What? You want America to hold a bake sale? A raffle? Maybe we’ll raffle off one of our nukes, that’s a great idea. Oh, maybe we’ll export some of our goods and services…wait, what do we make again? We should sell off Mexicans, lol. That’s our best commodity, because nobody works harder than a Mexican!
allvoices

2 comments:

  1. you're tax logic only looks at one half of the situation...

    A simple analogy...

    Say you move to LA and start going out for $100 meals and going clubbing on your salary. Now after a few weeks of this shit you realize your running out of cash. What do you do first, ease up on the $15 drinks or go out and pick up a second and third job?

    If your a rational person you cut your spending habits first, and that is exactly what the government should do. Reduce spending first, and if and only if that isn't enough THEN you go find a second job(raising taxes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good analogy, but here is what it's really like.

    I moved out to LA borrowing money from the Mafia (China) and now I'm outta cash and they are trying to collect. Not only do I have to cut back on my spending, I better start selling stuff before Tony No Nose comes and breaks my legs, lol.

    ReplyDelete