Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nude at the airport


All I know is that, I’m totally against it. Because if they got a woman working back in the imaging room, she gonna come to the front and pat me down herself. Start grabbin my junk talkin bout it’s a concealed weapon and it needs to be unconcealed. I looked at the arguments and both sides have some valid points. The privacy side says this is a total invasion of privacy and to some it’s even more than just appearing nude on a screen. For some it just boils down to a privacy issue and the “stripping” of our rights. Others worry about selling the scans of celebrities to places like TMZ and what not. The flip side of the coin says if it means better security then they are all for it. For me, if it means not havin to check in luggage with liquids then I’m all for it. I get so annoyed when I have to check in 2 days worth of clothes because I have to bring my toiletries with me (the stuff I use doesn’t come in a travel size and until they make a hotel that caters to minorities, I won’t expect them at the hotels I stay at). An argument that was made by Bruce Schneier, an internationally recognized security technologist, is that while the full body scan works well it would have been better to put the money towards fighting terrorist. That I can’t argue with at all. Wait, who am I kiddin? Of course I can argue against it. While I do wish the government was doin a better job with the terrorist, it’s impossible to expect terrorism to be extinguished forever. You just can’t destroy ideals. You can’t just say, we are gonna put an end to Christians and Christianity. You can kill a whole lot of them, but there will still be the rebels who will think this is a test from God and will try their hardest to make their God proud. That’s the mind state of these terrorist. The only thing we can do is learn to live with them. And that includes full body image scanners. Welcome to the world today. One thing I loved about the comments on the article was how everyone was quoting Ben Franklin. The actual quote wasn’t important but knowin Benny, you know it had somethin to do with privacy and freedom. Freedom. Comin from the man who owned slaves. SMH.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment