Thursday, May 28, 2009

Iraqis kill each other now


So how do we measure success? Do we say Iraq is a better place because they have a democratic government? Are the people happier? More successful? More ambitious? Do we say the death of Saddam was a blessing for the Iraqis? Excuse my ignorance since I didn’t give two shits about Iraq until I entered college, so I don’t know how bad things were before our “liberation”. I knew that Saddam was a sadistic, torturous, animal..hmm maybe they are better off now. But Saddam kept his country together. The way I see it, innocent people died because one person wanted more control. Today, innocent people die because EVERYONE wants control. How can that be any different or better? Now instead of fighting against one person, the Iraqis have to fight against multiple factions. It’s stupid. The United States didn’t just break up a regime, it broke up families. It broke up friends. It broke up a country. I don’t consider that successful.
allvoices

2 comments:

  1. "But Saddam kept his country together"

    Yeah, so did Hitler...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hitler was planned on invading countries, who was Saddam gonna invade? He already tried Kuwait and got his shit bust.

    ReplyDelete