Thursday, June 18, 2009

Teens in immigrant beating sentenced

The two Pennsylvania teens that beat a Mexican kid to death have been sentenced for their crime. The two former high school football players were convicted of misdemeanor simple assault at trial last month. The felony charges were acquitted. I guess it helps that it was an all white jury. Brandon Piekarsky, 17, was sentenced to 6 to 23 months, and Derrick Donchak, 19, received 7 to 23 months. The prosecution was able to spin the beating as a street brawl that went wrong and not a targeted hate crime. The man they killed was 25-year old Luis Ramirez. I don’t know about any of you, but I’d BE HARD PRESSED to find a 25 year old that would purposely get into a fight with teenagers. I mean I think about it all the time (kickin a whippersnappers ass), but then realize that it would assault on a MINOR and it would carry a stiffer sentence. And since when was a “street brawl” a 2-on-1 situation? Even if this wasn’t a hate crime, these two punks jumped a man. It wasn’t self defense. These kids intended to hurt this man. They beat him till he was left on life support and died two days later. And the most they’ll get is not even 2 years in jail. If killin someone doesn’t carry a stiff sentence, I might start poppin off anyone that just annoys the shit outta me. It’s only two years of my life. I can manage with that.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment