Tuesday, March 31, 2009

General Motor's time is running out

We continue our reports on the GM/Chrysler Lifeline with today’s news about Obama still pledging to help the failing automakers but announcing that filing for bankruptcy may be an option for them. I think a statement like that is a double edged sword. On one hand, it puts a little fire underneath the bottoms of the unions and the corporations to come towards an agreement and get some restructuring done. On the other side of the sword, it keeps consumers worried and off the lots. Let’s be realistic, why would I want to buy a car from a company that may not be here in the next month or two? I would like to see GM come out of this (because they are bringin down my portfolio) but I really don’t see how they can and I’m usually full of great ideas. But workin for a company for 32 years definitely has its perks. Ricky Wagoner’s retirement package is valued at $20.2 milli!!! Damn the boy done did good. The boy done did good.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment